I am not exaggerating when I say this is my new favorite fish recipe. The sauce on this sea bass with citrus and soy recipe from Epicurious was so good that I could drink it. I changed a few things about the original recipe, which is reflected below. The thickness from the sea bass allows it to soak up the oriental and citrus flavors from the juice. Again, I am not exaggerating. This dish is really something else. Take my word for it and try it for yourself. Let me know what you think; I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 6-ounce sea bass fillets
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a plastic bag. Add fish and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange fish in glass baking tray and pour some of the sauce over the fish. Let bake 13-15 minutes, depending on thick the fish it.
- Remove from oven and check to see if fish is cooked through. Top with green onions and enjoy.