Not every dish can be pretty and that’s okay because taste is more important. This shrimp and crab casserole is delicious, cheesy, flavorful and satisfying. It’s all the carbs and cheese you’ve ever dreamed about, plus decadent seafood to heighten the experience even more. This dish may not be Instagram worthy but it sure does taste good. Food is about pleasing the palate and we do that with our mouths, not our eyes.
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled and 2 tablespoon for garnish
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 # can lump crab meat, drained and squeeze dry
- 1# raw, shrimp peeled, devinee and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- 1 re d pepper, diced
- 6 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp jar diced jalapeno
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 6 oz green enchiladas sauce
- 6 medium size tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions and bell pepper for 2 minutes. Add seafood, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin, sherry, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove for heat to cool. Add sour cream and queso fresco.
- Spray an 8×8 casserole dish with a cooking spray. Pour a small amount of green enchiladas sauce in the bottom of dish to cover it. Place ½ of the tortillas on top of the sauce. Pour the shrimp/crab mixture into the dish. Dip the remaining tortillas into the sauce and place of top of the mixture. Sprinkle with queso fresco. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Heat the remainder of the enchiladas sauce and serve on the side.