As aforementioned, Lindsay and I have been trying to do a new recipe together once a week. However, the first two weeks were a fail. We attributed it to using bad recipes, so for the third week we decided to use a recipe my mom gave us. We wanted to make an easy quiche with salmon in it, and my mom sent us a recipe for a smoked salmon, dill and goat cheese quiche. All we could think of the whole time while making it is that it better not be bad.
The recipe was very simple to make, but it took a while. By the time we were finished, we were too hungry to let it sit for 15 minutes so we dug in. Granted, it could have sat for a bit but it was delicious regardless. We ended up with happy stomachs and we felt fancy for making a salmon quiche (not going to lie, we bragged about it to some friends). I’d highly recommend making this, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 pie crust and pie tin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can of skinless & boneless pink salmon or 6 oz smoke salmon
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in a small skillet on medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucent, a couple minutes, remove from heat. Whisk eggs in , cream, dill, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper, nutmeg in a medium bowl. Depending on the size of the pie tin you might have make ½ portion of the filling (egg mixture) to fill it to the top.
- Line the bottom of the quiche crust with the goat cheese, top with shallot and the salmon. Pour the egg mixture over the salmon in the quiche shell.
- Place the quiche in the middle of the oven. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Then lower the heat to 350°F about 30 to 40 minutes. To test to see if it is done. Insert of knife in the center – if it comes out clean it is done. Check ½ way through baking – if the top is getting to brown – drape a piece of foil loosely over the top.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.