Enjoy this spicy Korean beef recipe created by my mom with just beef or make it into a stir fry. To make it into a stir fry, make double the marinate. Use one half of the marinate for the beef and reserve the other half to be poured over the vegetables when they’re nearing the end of being sautéed. Use the vegetables of your choice and add rice if you desire to make this recipe perfectly fit your palate.
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 3/4 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp Korean Gochjang – hot pepper pasate
- 2 – 8 oz rib eye steaks or any other cut
- Combine the first eight ingredients together. Place the steak in a plastic bag and pour the marinate into the bag. Marinate the steak overnight.
- Preheat the oven on broil. Remove the steak from the marinate and discard the leftover marinate. Grill 3-7 minutes on each side for medium rare, depending on the thickness of the steaks and desired degree of doneness.