It’s hard to believe this year is almost over. New Year’s Eve is tomorrow, and it seems like 2015 had only just begun. This past year was a good year for me in various way. But in a cooking aspect, I would say I had a great year – I learned how to cook more recipes and became more food adventurous. I tried bone marrow for the first time, embarked on a weekly cooking adventure with my best friend and was less afraid of messing up recipes. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog this year and I plan to have more decadent and savory dishes to write about next year. As this year closes, I leave you with my final recipe for 2015 – bbq shrimp inspired by a recipe from Shula’s Steak House. Make this for dinner one night or as another dish for your New Year’s Eve party tomorrow. You won’t regret it, plus bbq sauce is great on everything.
- 1/2 cup quality thick bbq sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish, or to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 and 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 12 extra-jumbo raw shrimp (20/25), peeled and deveined, tail left intact
- 6 strips bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Puree all sauce ingredients into a food processor or blender. Set aside
- In oven, bake bacon for about 8 minutes until a little brown.
- Brush each shrimp with the bbq sauce mixture on both sides. Then wrap each shrimp in a half piece of bacon, secure with a toothpick. Brush with more bbq sauce on each side.
- Broil shrimp in oven for 2 minutes. Then flip and broil for 1.5 minutes. Check to make sure shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.