My mom has this amazing ability that comes with every good chef – the sense to know what flavors will mesh well to create your own combinations or substitutes. I hope to one day acquire such a skill, especially so I can be like my mom and create my own delicious recipes. This recipe for chicken with goat cheese in lemon sauce is deletable – it’s creamy, light and flavorful. Even better, though, is knowing my mom made it up herself. Maybe I’m just a proud daughter but maybe soon I’ll write about a delicious recipe made up entirely by me.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tbs butter
- Olive oil
- 6 sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut into pieces
- 3 whole marinated artichokes, cut into pieces
- 4oz goat cheese
- 1 tbs kalamata olives, or to taste
- Salt and peper, to taste
- Heat 2 tbs of butter and 2 tbs of olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add salt and pepper to flour for dredging, coat both sides of chicken with mixture and place in pan. Cook chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and place in serving container. Remove any oil and butter in pan. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, 2 tbs butter, artichokes, salt, pepper and sun dried tomatoes to pan. Allow sauce to come to a simmer. Add olives to sauce and cook for one minute.
- Slice goat cheese and add to top of each chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken and allow goat cheese to melt. Enjoy.