It can be hard to experiment with cooking while busy with school. However, Lindsay and I are trying to do a new recipe once a week. We’ve been wanting to try out zucchini noodles, so we chose zucchini noodle shrimp scampi from Just a Taste as our first recipe to try. The recipe was simple and a healthy alternative to a classic pasta dish. The sauce on this dish is amazing, and I would love to use it on a regular pasta dish. Try it out for yourself and enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles — can be done with a mandoline, vegetable peeler or spiralizer
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Once heated, add olive oil and heat for one minute. Then add the garlic and crushed red pepper, stirring continuously for one minute.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook for about three minutes on each side or until cooked throughout and pink on all sides, stirring as needed. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl. Leave any liquid in the pan.
- While cooking, create the zucchini into noodles using a mandoline, vegetable peeler or spiralizer. I used a vegetable peeler and it worked just fine.
- Increase the heat to medium and add white wine and lemon or lime juice to pan, cooking for about two minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for about two minutes, stirring occasionally. Return the shrimp to the pan and combine with the noodles. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.